“The City of Port Colborne Regulates the planting, care, maintenance and removal of trees…”
The City offers a rebate for those who have planted a tree on residential property, here is the application form.
Program information, terms and conditions are listed below:
- All applicants are required to accept terms and conditions of rebate program, which include:
- Only trees purchased after January 1, 2010, and included on Port Colborne’s list of approved trees are eligible for rebate, at a limit of one rebate per property.
- Original receipt and/or invoice MUST show tree has been paid for in full. Photocopies will not be accepted.
- Only trees listed on the application (compiled from the Niagara Peninsula Conservation Authority Guide to Native Plants) are eligible for the rebate program.
- Rebates are currently only applicable to residents who own property within the City.
- Application form must be completed correctly and in full.
- The property where the approved tree is planted must be located within the City municipal boundary.
- The City reserves the right to inspect the tree after it has been planted.
- The City reserves the right to indemnify the municipality for any warranties, damages, costs, and third party claims resulting from participation in this program, as well as the reserved right to avoid liability for damages, costs, and claims resulting from negligent behavior of a Port Colborne representative. Trees are not to be planted on public property, right of way or easement without written consent from the governing authority.
- The City reserves the right to alter, cancel or discontinue the program at any time.
- The City reserves the right to reverse the rebate if information provided on the application form is either incorrect or untrue, or if the terms and conditions of the program have been breached.